Please don’t let the title of this post send you into a frenzy but there is a real threat looming on the horizon. A threat that some in the government are starting to warn and prepare for.
This quote is directly from the Personal Liberty Digest:
“The CEO of the Food Bank for New York City, reportedly the Nation’s largest food outreach program, is insinuating that riots could erupt if program cuts slated to kick in this weekend are allowed to take effect.
According to Margarette Purvis, president and CEO of the Food Bank, the scheduled expiration of food stimulus money will shrink the Federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) by $5 billion dollars and create instant havoc among entitlement recipients – a recipe for rioting that could boil over as soon as this weekend.
“If you look across the world, riots always begin typically the same way: when people cannot afford to eat food,” Purvis told Salon Monday:”
I’m not saying that you should go clear the grocery stores incase there are riots but if you live in a dense urban population you might want to quietly sneak out and grab some extra supplies.
Here are some action items you can take to help ensure your safety against social unrest:
- Check the security of your home. Are your windows secured and locking? What about your doors? Do you have a way to secure them if they are compromised? Some large screws and heavy duty plywood can be quickly installed on the inside of your window and door casings in the event they are compromised.
- Do you have a minimum of 3 days supplies such as food and water safely hidden in your home? I highly recommend weeks if not months worth of supplies be hidden in your home at all times. Also consider if your personal health supplies are substantial enough to last long enough to get more or to get help.
- Do you have a security plan? Are you willing and able to protect yourself and your family? Keep your protective and self-defense tools maintained and ready. Also have them easily accessible for yourself but hidden out of sight.
- Do you have a plan to escape if need be? Knowing where to go and how to get there if you can’t stay in your home is vital. Don’t rely on emergency management.
- Do you have the proper communication devices to warn you of possible dangerous situations. An emergency radio and FM radio could warn you of approaching or developing riots. If you have a group close by consider radios to communicate between groups. You may need them or they may need you!
These are just some basics to help you determine if you’re ready to survive possible riots breaking out in your area. Take a few minutes and analyze your preparedness and make a plan.
Remember one of the best ways to stay safe is to stay hidden away, keeping a low profile until everything calms down. There may be no riots at all – it’s really hard to predict. But also remember people loose control quickly when they feel they’ve been wronged and think a vital life source taken away from them.
Stay safe and stay tuned to the news in the next few days if you think you’re in a high-risk area for possible riots.
Just remember that this is not a warning to panic! Take careful action and as always be prepared!